6 Incredible Health Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water Every Morning
Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com
1. First, drinking lemon water is a great supply of many different types of healthy nutrients and antioxidants, especially vitamin C. A single cup of lemon juice provides us with almost 200% of the daily recommended serving of this important vitamin. In addition to vitamin C, lemon water is also a good source of potassium, magnesium, folate and copper to name a few. You will also get a good amount of protein and body healthy fibre from this drink.
2. Drinking a glass of lemon water will also help to promote healthy and efficient digestion of the foods we eat. The juices that our found in lemons are quite similar to the digestive juices we have working in our stomach. When we consume lemon water, this will cause our liver to produce more bile, allowing the food we eat to move through the gastrointestinal tract more efficiently and smoothly. Not only that, but this process will also help us to absorb more of the nutrients fro the foods we eat and increase nutrient uptake. Also, lemon water will help to relieve unwanted symptoms associated with indigestion, bloating and an upset stomach.
3. Along with its digestion promoting function, one of the main reasons why it is recommended that lemon water be consumed in the morning is due to its amazing energy boosting effects. When we consume a glass of lemon water, this can help to fuel us for a good portion of the day and naturally boost energy levels. This is often associated with its alkalizing effects for our bodies and its rich amounts of healthy nutrients, antioxidants and protein. As well, it has been shown that lemon water can help to reduce stress levels which can zap our energy, improve mood and help keep our insulin levels steady throughout the day.
4. Drinking a glass of lemon water can also help to detoxify our entire body. As mentioned previously, it has very high levels of vitamin C, an amazing antioxidant that can help to fight free radicals in the body and prevent damage caused by them. They also contain other antioxidant compounds as well as a small amount of vitamin E. Lemon water can also benefit the enzyme functions in our body. This can help to stimulate the liver and other bodily organs to flush out unwanted toxins. Due to its mild diuretic effects, this also helps with the total elimination of toxins and allows the urinary tract to work more efficiently.
5. Consuming this mixture regularly can also help with weight loss and promote healthy weight. This is due to lemons containing a type of fibre known as pectin. When we consume pectin, it can help us to feel more full longer and satiated, preventing us from overeating or consuming empty calories throughout the day. Also, drinking lemon water will promote proper hydration. Even mild dehydration can have negative effects on our bodies, and can even cause us to feel more hungry and lead to snacking.
6. Lastly, consuming a glass of lemon water regularly can have tremendous benefits for the overall health of our skin. In fact, lemon water can help to rejuvenate the skin, making it look more radiant and healthy. The antioxidants and vitamin C in lemon water fights free radical damage which can hurt the appearance of our skin. As well, vitamin C also promote the body’s production of collagen. Collagen is important for the overall look of our skin and reducing lines and wrinkles. This mixture will also promote proper hydration, which again is important for our skin health.
If concerned about tooth enamel damage when drinking lemon water, you can consume this drink through a straw so that contact with the teeth is minimized. You can also brush your teeth after consuming lemon water and rinse throughly. Again, juice from 1/2 a lemon is often recommended when consuming this drink consistently.
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.