6 Great Reasons To Drink Cucumber Water Every Day
Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com
Cucumber water is becoming increasingly popular as individuals are realizing its potential health benefits. Not only is cucumber water healthy, but it is also refreshing and very easy to make by yourself at home. When making the drink, be sure to use cucumbers that are green in color and firm to the touch. Try not to use cucumbers that are more yellow in color and have soft spots. Lets discuss the health benefits associated with drinking cucumber water.
1. This concoction contains a great amount of antioxidants for our bodies. These antioxidants are known to help prevent cell damage from oxidative stress that is caused by free radicals. Over time, this oxidative stress can lead to unwanted conditions such as heart disease, diabetes and eye degeneration. Cucumbers are rich in several healthy antioxidants such as vitamin C, flavonoids, manganese and beta carotene.
2. Cucumber water can also help with weight loss. When dieting, it is important that we drink enough water. If we do not, sometimes are body can confuse this dehydration with hunger, leading us to overeat more often or snacking during the day. As well, cucumber water can be used to replace juices, soda and sports drinks, helping to reduce overall calorie intake.
3. It can also help to lower blood pressure when consumed regularly. Cucumbers are a good source of potassium. Potassium is an electrolyte that can help to regulate the amount of sodium retained by the kidneys. Too much sodium in the body can be a contributing factor to high blood pressure, as well as too little potassium. Cucumber water will be able to help in both regards.
4. Cucumber water will also help you to stay hydrated and fight against dehydration. Without proper hydration and water intake, our bodies cannot function properly and we can feel more tired and less energetic. For those who want to give their water some extra flavour, making it more enjoyable to consume, cucumber can be an excellent addition.
5. It can also increase the overall health of our bones. This is because cucumbers are a great source of vitamin K. Just one cup of sliced cucumbers will provide about 19% of the daily recommended value of this vitamin. Vitamin K helps with the formation of proteins that are needed to make healthy bones and tissues.
6. Lastly, cucumber water can help support healthy skin. Its ability to keep us hydrated helps the body to flush out unwanted toxins and promote a healthy complexion. The antioxidants found in cucumber also promote healthy skin and can help to get rid of inflammation and free radicals. Cucumbers are also good sources of pantothenic acid, which can treat acne and other skin conditions.
To make cucumber water at home, first wash it thoroughly and then slice it into pieces. Place the slices into a glass or pitcher filled with water and then place it into the refrigerator. Allow the cucumber slices and water infuse together for about an hour before consuming it.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.